1. We were supposed to believe that Carla wanted to marry Nick, but her face told a different story.
2. In fact, nobody seemed to believe it would actually happen – not Carla, not Nick, not David, and certainly not the viewers. (It didn’t happen).
3. Gail didn’t even have time to worry about it – she was too busy predicting Brexit and Donald Trump.
4. Phelan came back and everyone (ie me) thought he would be terrible but he was actually brilliant and is now one of the best things about the show.
6. Chesney celebrated his 14th consecutive year of just wandering from set to set in search of a storyline. He’s still looking.
7. Poor Les Dennis spent most of his time pretending to clutch his chest in agony. It was November before Michael finally expired.
8. Maria came back and announced she was married to a gay man. Immediately after this, a lesbian fell in love with her. What are the chances, eh?
15. Derek Griffiths off Heads and Tails turned up to romance Audrey, which was lovely as she’s had a crush on Luke for ages and he’s basically a silver fox version of him.
18. There was a storyline about Beth being a bigamist but I think we’re all agreed that we’re just never going to mention that again.
20. There wasn’t a dry seat in the land when Peter Barlow came back and flashed us all THAT cheeky grin.
WHAT a year! Bring on 2017!